Sunday, December 25, 2011

Coming together...

J and I have had the last three days, and one more tomorrow, to work on the farm. The holiday has come and gone and made a small impression, but all in all has felt like any other day, only less traffic.

Things are really coming together. The house is beginning to look like home. Like the combination of J and I. The bathroom is close to being finished. The tile looks amazing so far. Just as I pictured it. J has managed to transform it in just two days. Tomorrow J will grout the tile and and trim the new window so we can finish the tile around it. Today we put in three windows. The two large ones in the bedroom, which have been covered with plywood for several weeks. The view and the light is amazing. And, we put in the new window in the bathroom.

I finally feel like I am in my element. Finishing work. I painted the bathroom, the living room ceiling and the living room walls. They are quickly becoming rooms. I can already see where we will hang photos and our art. Mostly the art is from our friends. It is a plus to have such talented friends. Tomorrow I will likely paint the bedroom, as it is the least cluttered right now. The kitchen is in too much use, and the dining room is full of windows waiting to be hung. The mechanical/laundry room is filled with a makeshift table and tiling tools.

My parents will be visiting next Saturday and staying for the week. They are looking forward to seeing the farm, as they do not have Internet and rarely see the blog or any pictures. My dad has already told me he plans on bringing working clothes so he can help. Well, there is plenty left to do. It will be nice to have them here.

J always asks if I have pictures of everything so we can see the before and after. It is my plan to document the progression and make a picture book. I've made them for trips and one day will actually make one from our wedding photos. Everything in due time. But, here is a sneak peak of the bathroom and the exterior.

Before...boring
In transition. Need to expand for claw foot tub.
Tiling the walls
Love the tile floor

Almost finished.
The exterior has also gone through quite a change.

The original house

Nice and toasty now.
Siding done. Painting in the Spring.
And the best part so far, the view from my bedroom (minus the scaffold).
Okay. Actually the best part, the honey ham/goat cheese/fresh eggs from the girls omelet J made me tonight along with a side of sliced honeycrisp apple. Best meal ever. Usually I am cooking breakfast/lunch and dinner. Tonight, J cooked. Like I said, best meal ever!

Now, it's rest for the weary bones and sore hands. That is after a couple more chapters of book 2 of the Hunger Games (totally hooked).

No comments:

Post a Comment