Monday, December 12, 2011

Not so fast...

OK, so the siding was completed. The soffets were hung with the fascia on the north and south sides. With a lot of cussing and grumpiness. We are tired and getting cranky.

The windows, they will be hung another weekend. This weekend was two very long days, 9 and 12 hours, just the working part. Inside, we finished pulling down the drywall, cleaning the mess and fixing some of the headers and last night at 8pm finished putting in the new insulation.

We had to get the insulation finished so the drywall guys can come do their magic. It will feel like a lot was accomplished when that is finished. Then we can look to finishing the inside. Moving time keeps changing. January, then March then... I did pick up some hardwood samples for the living room floor. Looks like we will probably go with wide plank red oak. The white oak was a little too brown/beige when finished, and I like the warmth of the red and gold in the red oak. Truly, the hand scraped tobacco road acacia (?) was the pick, but way out of our price range (more than double the red oak).

Working long hours, commuting three hours a day, and working on the farm are becoming a bit draining. I hit the pillow and I am out. Which, if you know me is pretty normal. The abnormal piece is it happens at 7pm instead of 10.

Work has been stressful for both J and I. This is the part they don't always show on the DIY channel. And by the way, how in the world do they redo an entire house in a week??

But, I am totally counting my blessings and even the Christmas carols aren't bugging me, quite so bad. However, I am opting for bed instead of going to meditation. I need a few more z's to feel normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment