Monday, January 2, 2012

Reminder...

Old houses are never square/plumb/whatever. Soooo.. things take a wee bit longer than one would anticipate.

With that said. 6 out of 11 windows are in. J has one more day off today, so maybe we can get that closer to 9. The kitchen and the dining room windows are going to be the hardest as they have the old trim. Beautiful wide boards square around the window. I love that. We will match that look around the house and with wideboards as the baseboard.

Closer. We are moving ever closer.

I wanted to move the chickens up there, so they have more space to move around. Although J saw a coyote nearby the other evening so it may be a while to make things predator proof. I figured I can go by the farm in the evening after work and put them inside. Then I realized, I would have to do the same in the morning to let them out. Not going to happen as I already have to leave the house at 5:50am to catch the vanpool to Denver. Adding a 30+ minute round trip to the mix is just not an option.

J keeps talking about getting a pot bellied pig as well. We are both itching. So, the gentle reminder for today is patience. Lots and lots of patience. Oodles of it for the new year.

So Trish, in response to your FB request, that is my word for the year. (I will speak for J on this one. We both could use a little - right Axl?)

No comments:

Post a Comment