Sunday, January 22, 2012

Time flies...

I can't believe I haven't posted for so long. More than two weeks. So much happens, then you can't think of what you have done in that time.

After my folks left i had a quick trip to DC for work. Then, back to work on the farm every available minute. Unfortunately, the camera is on the fritz, so no updated photos yet.

We removed the barn doors and we are getting ready to straighten the barn sometime in the next few weeks.

We had the FHA inspection and passed. Now just the lead paint follow up inspection and the rehab part of the mortgage will be wrapped up and everyone remaining who did some of the work will be paid.

New windows are hung, most are trimmed out in poplar wood, and almost all the painting is complete.

Today we decided how we will do the floors. Refinish the old hardwood and lay new hardwood in the living room. We'll see if that decision sticks, considering we have gone back and forth a zillion and one times.

I do have to limit my cruising through craig's list. Oh look, a free rooster, and baby goats for sale and look four kinds of ducks just $10 a piece, and a tractor. Dangerous site it is. I do think I found a score on new corrugated roofing for the barn from a rancher who is replacing his current barn roof with something else.

The only concern we really continue to have is downsizing. I am of the persuasion that whatever doesn't fit, if it isn't a necessity, gets re-used, recycled or sold. Screw storage. However, not sure how that will work. We just continue to have questions about where it will all go. I like the idea of the downsizing. I have always traveled light until now. It can feel quite oppressive having a lot of stuff. If it doesn't serve a purpose, then I don't want it. I love functional art, aside from some wall art and photos. Beautiful bowl on shelf  = dinner salad, old bake ware hanging on the wall = foraged fruit pie. Functional decor at it's finest.

I am also reading a book for work on procrastination. Fitting, seeing as I have yet to place the seed or the tree order. Maybe it will motivate me. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment