Saturday, February 25, 2012

Long day...

J's grandad died last night. J flew back home today to be with his family and attend the services. I'm glad he can go, and sad that I am not going with him.

I stayed back to take care of the dogs, chickens and to keep things moving on the farm. We got notice yesterday that our house is rented. We need to be out before April 1.

I painted the cabinets yesterday. They look great. And today I worked on the floors after bringing J to the airport. He showed me how to set up the sander into the shop vac so I could finish up the edges of the rooms. All the rooms are now sanded with the exception of the kitchen. We were lucky that there is a stain the same color/name as the wood we bought for the living room. It is a gorgeous rich red called "gunstock". I put the first coat on in the bedroom, hallway and laundry room. It immediately warmed the place right up. It is a nice rich color that brings a depth to the rooms that was lacking. I am in love with the floors. I think when taking on a project like this it is the floors that give such a sense of accomplishment.


That whole nesting thing. Yeah. It's not going away. I keep picturing what the reading room will look like with the big fat chair and the antique mission desk I found a couple years ago in a store out on the eastern plains. The living room with the large table J and I built. Where do I hang the pictures. I was told that I need to refrain from A) buying anything new (used counts as new for this directive) and B) I can't start hanging things or decorating until we are moved in. It is killing me, but I get it. Knocking down the watercolor our friend painted for our wedding gift when we move the mattress in is not such a good thing, right? Still, the patience thing is eluding me right now.

But, it is time for sleep, so I can get up early and head back to finish the floors and painting trim. I actually think I can accomplish my to do list this week. Feels lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment