Monday, February 20, 2012

Simple things...

It's the little touches that I think makes a home. J's Mom and I went shopping for fabric for the kitchen and living room curtains. I am not usually much for curtains, but some little cafe curtains will be just the right touch for the farmhouse. Not too dressy or showy, but classy. I found some fabrics that are reproductions of Morris' arts and crafts period. I am in love with it.


I don't sew. It is on the list of things to learn. Instead, I will be enlisting several of my friends to create the finished product. I can't wait to see how they look.
J is off looking at tractors. I am confident he will just look. But one can never be too sure. The Massey's are pretty appealing and the John Deere green is quite the looker. We'll see where we end up. I'd love to find a nice gently used one from some sweet old farmer in the area. One can hope.

We watched Small Farm Rising with J's mom. It's probably the fourth time I've watched it. I love that documentary. I think it was the push that sent J back to the tractor dealer. He was already there this morning while I was picking up dog food and chicken feed.

The girls have had a long winter and look like they are surviving a war. I have a bit of an extreme pecking problem. When we move they will have much more freedom to roam and a larger house when it's cold. They are a bit stir crazy. I can relate.

Well off to dinner and then to the airport with a goodbye to J's mom in the morning on the way to work. It's been a nice visit. Far too short, but I am sure she can't wait to get home to her pups and the lake.

1 comment:

  1. Love the fabric. I am going to look up that line of fabric right now!

    ReplyDelete