Monday, July 2, 2012

fast friends...


Ananda (boxer) and the new barn kitten are getting along well. I hope I don't speak too soon. He is still very intrigued by this furry little fireball.

This weekend I received a lesson in power tools and rebuilt the coop that came with Head Wound Harry the rooster. After cruising through my hatchery catalog I discovered Harry is a Sultan. It fits if you know him. I am loving his crowing in the morning. His turban is also growing back nicely. If I didn't mention it before, Harry is the lone survivor of a raccoon attack at my friends farm. We adopted him when she moved.

The coop that came with Harry I rebuilt with J's guidance. It now houses 5 little guinea Keats. They needed something a little more secure than a metal washtub in the laundry room. They became quite adept at the art of escape. I think they like the new digs and room to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment