Thursday, November 3, 2011

Birthday blessings

Today is my birthday. It has been a hectic day at work. I have a little john deere tractor on my shelf near my desk to remind me daily why I put up with some things. Mostly, I love what I do. It's other things that take a lot of patience. The best part of the day was that I had Colorado Legal Services Migrant Farm Workers Division come speak to my staff. They are wonderful and do an amazing service to those invisible folks who bring us our food in not so amazing conditions. They are hands down my favorite group to collaborate with.

As for my day of wonderful celebration, my gifts have thus far been farm themed. J was great and nailed it. The best part, channelock fence pliers (bring on the baby goats!). These came with bog mud boots, of a purple paisley/flowery persuasion (still a hippie), carhart overalls, another little john deere tractor for the nightstand, and a book on raising small livestock. I am geared and ready to go. Making plans for the land has been fun. I can't wait until January, sitting inside on a cold day with a pile of seed catalogs and a huge dose of hope for the spring.

But for the rest of tonight. Dinner and a movie. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment