Friday, November 4, 2011

New weekend

I'm not much of a girlie girl. Not a big shopper or anything like that. But man, give me an allowance for building supplies and it is sheer heaven. Last week we bought lighting for the house. I am totally in love with the lights for the kitchen. Vintage bronze finish with old school glass with the warps and bubbles.

Tonight was tile night. White subway tiles, black and white mosaic tile for the floor. It will be totally vintage. I cannot wait to soak in the tub in that bathroom. It's the simple pleasures right?

J continued the birthday gifts last night, and the farm theme, with a shopping trip to our local Jax Outdoor store. Jax is the bomb-diggety. Their ranch store is even better, for me anyway. I am now the surreal owner of a firearm. For those of you who know me, total twilight zone right? I am not a gun girl in the least. But, and this is an important but, if you plan to raise livestock, and live in an area with predators who have a hankering for small livestock, it becomes a necessity. Putting down a sick, injured, dying animal or your dinner comes with the territory. So, safety course here I come. I must admit, they all were pretty bland and my attitude was whatever, not really interested but I will entertain your desire to arm this pacifist. Until I picked up the Henry Repeating rifle (which is now mine). I think I may need an intervention shortly.

As a result, J and I had a conversation about how we have absorbed things from each other. He never in a million thought he would be buying a farm. I, little miss handgun control, well, never thought I would touch let alone own a rifle. At the same time, it seems to be the natural evolution in this agrarian life.

That said, still very surreal. If I start quoting Sarah Palin, someone send in the troops quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment