Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dog tired...

Today is another day off from the office. The final push to completely clear out the old house. J went into the office this morning and will come by at noon so we can load up the last trailer and haul it all to the farm. Saturday morning will consist of finally moving the chicken coop (the girls will love their new digs) and move J's pool table to a friends house. He decided he didn't want to put it in the new house (due to the small size of the new house) and will wait until we build a proper place for it. I think that is a good idea, although, I know he loves to shoot pool to unwind. Hopefully soon.

I feel spent and have not been on my best behavior lately. I tend to lose it slightly when coming to the end of a long, exhausting project. I saw Sister Monday and she told me I looked good considering all we have going on. Then, as Sister will do, she asked if I was really that together or just really good at covering it up. I told her that I had my moments. Then she asked what one of "my moments" looked like (fyi - no escaping the sharp eye of a Buddhist nun, let me tell you). I told her it looked like me screaming at the top of my lungs (slight exaggeration here, but only slight) "for the love of god please stop talking to me and be quiet." While I can usually express myself, I am not very touchy feely in talking about my feelings, and I tend to work things out in quiet and then talk. Note to all....quiet first. (wink)

Really, it is the imbalance of doing doing doing and not recharging. It doesn't take much. Could be several nights with a book, tea and a hot bath. Walks outdoors and voila, sane again. But, there hasn't been much time for all of that. But, we are hoping with the completion of the move, the pressure will let up a bit and we can make more time for sitting still. However, see previous blog. Projects will be eternal on a farm. Soo..balance is key, as is digging in the dirt (garden coming soon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment