Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gearing up...

*pic from etsy artist JMBarclay 

I have tomorrow off to pack and get ready for moving the big stuff to the farm on Saturday. I cannot contain my excitement. I am also anxious as hell thinking of how many things need to be accomplished in the next month. I am a maker of lists though. Once I put it down in a list, it all seems just a little bit more manageable.

We have some folks lined up to help, big trucks and two trailers. My blessed books are packed in totes and already at the top of the stairs. Priorities first, right. Next will be tackling the kitchen, which I actually don't anticipate being too difficult, despite my affinity for gadgets and fancy appliances (love the kitchenaid mixer and my ice cream maker!)

The single quandry I have is how to move the chickens. I have been cruising craig's list for a second chicken house to a, expand our capacity, and b, make the move of our coop less time sensitive and easier. However, chicken coops have become quite pricey, as have run down sheds. Geez, not always fun when something becomes trendy.

I do look forward to tomorrow, and just wrapping things up in a frenzied whirlwind so we can move as much as possible. We also bought a steel container to store the extra things that won't fit in the house. I think it was a good move. Gives us time to fix the barn so we won't be placing our things in a leaky birdfilled zone. Not so good for longevity.

So, I am now off to cram many things into small boxes so we can move on to the next adventure. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment