Monday, June 18, 2012

Creepy crawlies...

As I have probably mentioned I am not a huge fan of snakes. I wish them no ill will. I just wish, often, that they never cross my path. However, I believe I am destined to learn to live with them in some mutually beneficial way.

I came across a fella like this one just now, behind my chicken coop. At first I thought he may have it out for the girls. (I arbitrarily made it a "he". Make of it what you will.) Then I saw the mice running
around. Mice love chicken feed. Snakes like mice. I dislike mice, especially those that sneak into my house to eat my linens, and snakes help in this department. So, as long as there is a supply of mice, he can stay. I called J over to identify the little guy and as we flashed the light we noticed he was already enjoying dinner. I am not really heartless. I just need to admit that I enjoy the convenience of the natural world when critters get crazy in my space (yes, talking about the mice).

But, tomorrow we greet the arrival of two new barn cats (kittens really). Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment